Hamidiya Masjid in Pydhonie, a commercial hub in South Mumbai.
Hamidiyah Masjid is built in 1880 by Haji Mohammed Kasam and his family and Abdul Hamid the then governor of Mumbai facilitated the land for the mosque therefore it was named after him as Hamidiyah Masjid. It was a pond before the mosque where people used to wash their feet to go to the temples and that’s how this area is called Pydhoni. Abdul Hamid helped the trust to get the land and finally the Hamidiyah Masjid came into existence.
Traditional mud, stone, brick and timber houses in Srinagar, Kashmir, 1989, Photograph by Randolph Langenbach.
Edwin Lord Weeks, White Marble Tomb at Suittitor, Skiri, (1883)